Re: New Merlin Sound app

Nancy Miller

Thanks for the notification. With all the emails I get from Cornell lab one would think I’d have seen that Merlin now includes sound id. I tried it immediately on the back patio and got recordings it recognized of Cordilleran flycatcher, Robin alerting of RTHA, Steller’s Jay, Cassin’s Finch – all birds I could see, hear and identify myself. It did throw in a couple of possibilities which seemed far-fetched – even sound-wise. American Dipper was included several times as a second possibility which is not in the realm of possibility.

Nancy Miller

Viola, ID