Re: New Merlin Sound app

Elizabeth Medes

I do find that it skipped over lower register calls - it picked up the flycatchers, but ignored the clucking of a ruffed grouse hen and chicks practically at my feet.  Today it did the same thing,  passed over the quail in the sage four feet from me, but caught everything else.

Liz Medes

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 9:18 AM Dan Richards <hobyjudy@...> wrote:
Wow!  Thanks for the tip about the new update (I’m terrible about updating my apps).  I’ve been using Song Sleuth for a couple of years and it is helpful, but often gives me really oddball suggestions.  I do point counts as part of my Forest Service job.  This will be my new best friend!

On Jun 30, 2021, at 8:57 AM, Ken Miracle via groups.io <chukar28@...> wrote:

Could be … all worked right out of the box on my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2021, at 8:54 AM, Elizabeth Medes <liz.medes@...> wrote:

I don't know if this has anything to do with me using an Android device, but I wound up having to reinstall all of Merlin before I could get the sound portion to work.

Liz

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021, 8:49 AM Ken Miracle via groups.io <chukar28=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thank you got it downloaded. Will have to try it when I get out again.

On Jun 30, 2021, at 8:34 AM, JP <johnpowell20@...> wrote:

Ken,
I just tried it out my window and it shows the sounds. It correctly identified yellow warblers and robins amidst lots of other ambient sounds.
Very cool.

John in Cascade