Re: Loon in Boise

Diann Stone

Thanks, Tom, for your comments. Easy fishing, easy meal. No need to migrate farther. Maybe it's a young bachelor wit no mate yet.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021, 8:09 PM bike4birds <tmccabe9@...> wrote:

I was told by a fisherman that they recently stocked the pond where Mr. Loon is hanging out. Has he been enticed by a generous food supply? Not sure why he’s still there, but he has become part of my daily biking routine. I’ve only seen a few C. Loons along the Boise River, and this guy has stayed the longest.

Tom McCabe, Boise

From: IBLE@groups.io <IBLE@groups.io> On Behalf Of Diann Stone
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2021 6:32 PM
To: IBLE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Loon in Boise

I thought about the possibility of an injury. If the bird can swim and dive, it's not likely a rehabber could catch it to examine it.

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021, 6:29 PM rattlesnake4873 <Rattlesnake4873@...> wrote:

I suspect an injury or perhaps an aging issue.

Dean

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 11:30 AM Diann Stone <dstoneak2id@...> wrote:

I saw the Common Loon at Riverside Park in Boise on Saturday. What situation would keep it here at this small local pond? It must be finding enough food, but why hasn't it flown farther north? Any theories?

Diann Stone  Boise Depot Bench

“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.”   Rachel Carson

--

Dean Jones

"A world of facts lies outside and beyond the world of words." Thomas Huxley