Re: N Catbird

Elizabeth Medes

Odd... I'm hearing house wrens nearly every day except in our backyard, where they set up housekeeping last year in a super deluxe bungalow hand-made and painted by a friend in Boise.  I'll just have to be patient.  Catbirds are in Montour WMA; chats, lazulis, and yellow warblers all in their quarters, nearby kestrels have fledged, saw female western tanagers this a.m. on Shalerock Rd, near Black Canyon Res.  Surprise Dusky flycatcher at Emmett Wastewater Treatment Plant this afternoon.

And that's the Gem County minute,

Liz Medes

On Sat, May 29, 2021 at 3:52 PM lcarrigan_55 via groups.io <lcarrigan_55=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
New arrival today is a N Catbird. Plenty of BH Grosbeaks, Lazuli Buntings & Yellow Warblers here. Finally saw a W Tanager yest AM. Curiously absent are House Wrens. Have seen a total of 2, this spring, over 3 wk apart. Usually, by now, already building their nests. And know where at least 4 should be nesting. Zero around for past 10 days. Do have a robin nesting under eave of garage at bend in gutter downspout. And have seen a Wild Turkey with 2 young fluff balls trotting beneath her.