Re: Black-Throated Sparrow at Dedication Point

Jon Barnett

Great find, Marty!  That is the singular place in Idaho that I have found that bird in past years.  It’s a good sign that it is still showing up there!  Dedication Point seems to be a ‘sparrow magnet’ – we used to see about 6-7 species right there.  If my memory serves me right, they were ‘Black-throated’, “Sagebrush’, “Vesper’, ‘Brewer’s’ ‘White-crowned’, “Savannah” and “Lark”.  Enjoy the weekend…Jonathan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Marty Marzinelli via groups.io
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2021 6:19 PM
To: IBLE@groups.io
Subject: [IBLE] Black-Throated Sparrow at Dedication Point

Hi,  I came across a BTSP this morning at Dedication Point which is on Swan Falls Road, south of Kuna, and overlooks the Snake River.  The bird was located in the shrubs just off the trail at the south end of the overlook (wall) itself.  This is the upstream side of the Snake River.  I had trouble with my cell connection at the time and thus couldn't report it earlier.

Cheers,
Marty Marzinelli (Eagle)