Re: Ruby-crowned Kinglet?

M Gregory

Thanks, I didn't even think of goldfinch. And more than a few Lesser Goldfinches have visited my fountain in recent weeks.
Alan Gregoory in Mountain Home

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 10:29 AM Elizabeth Medes <liz.medes@...> wrote:
That looks like a lesser goldfinch. They are in small flocks on the canals here right now.  We have RC kinglets in winter and they are so jumpy, only landing once in a while on our suet feeders.  They have a distinct eyering, too.

Liz Medes
Emmett

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 10:22 AM M Gregory <alanclarkg@...> wrote:
This bird visited my backyard fountain an hour ago. Lots of orange on breast, distinctive wing bars, and a hint of brown on throat, with small blackish spots on top of head. I first thought "warbler," but now I think kinglet. Any thoughts?

--

Alan C Gregory
Lt. Col., USAF, Ret.