Owls

M Gregory

Since moving to Mountain Home, and bicycling as much as possible, I have recorded and photographed dozens of roadkill owls, principally Barn Owls, but also Great Horned, Screech and Short-eared.
This is only an anecdote, but I cannot help but consider that human activities, like driving a motor vehicle, are the greatest cause of owl mortality. Here are pics of two of the dead Barn Owls (Tyto alba) I found in recent weeks.
Alan Gregory in Mountain Home

--

Alan C Gregory
Lt. Col., USAF, Ret.