From: M Gregory <alanclarkg@...>
To: IBLE@groups.io
Sent: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 11:13:48 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Ted Trueblood yesterday

This is the Trueblood Wildlife Area near Grand View, I take it? I live in Mountain Home and drive that way often on the way to Murphy and the Owyhee County Museum. What's the best entrance way? I ask because I Think there are two marked entrances.
thanks
Alan Gregory

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 7:56 AM John Shortis via groups.io <john_shortis=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi birders,

Yesterday, Amy & I birded here, water level very low with substantial areas of mud.
Only duck species were Green-winged Teal (most numerous), Shoveler, and Mallard.
But most worthy of note was the presence of about 20 Long-billed Dowitchers, which is a trifle early so was flagged as a rarity for the time of year. The other big highlight was that in the fields by the approach road we counted at least 5 Short-eared Owls, certainly the most I've ever seen together.

John Shortis

--

Alan C Gregory
Lt. Col., USAF, Ret.