Re: Ferruginous Hawk

M Gregory

ok. thank you for the correction. Every time I go out looking, I see different color phases of red-tails. And they are all very different than the redtails I saw over 25 years in Pennsylvania and Vermont.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 7:09 PM Ken Miracle via groups.io <chukar28=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Those are the same … not a Ferruginous …. there would be feathering all the way down the legs to the feet.

Red-tailed Hawk

On Jan 10, 2021, at 7:06 PM, M Gregory <alanclarkg@...> wrote:

I think I attached the wrong pics to my earlier note about raptors. Here are two pics of the dark, red-phase Ferruginous Hawk I found perched on a utility pole today.
alan

--

Alan C Gregory
Lt. Col., USAF, Ret.