Accipiters

lcarrigan_55

Can tell when one of the winter resident accipiters is out & about, as my feeders suddenly become silent. With our recent cold spell & snowstorms, my feeders are getting a lot of activity from the usuals: House Finches, Black-capped Chickadees & Dark-eyed Juncos.

But, when silent, I start scanning the trees &, without fail, either find the immature N Goshawk or the adult female, by size, Sharp-shinned Hawk which have been busy everyday, recently. Other than those, still waiting for a winter Finch irruption, of some kind!