Re: Boise CBC preliminary species total

Jim Lyons

Kudos to our Boise CBC leaders, and participants!

I mentioned last night the 1981 count, my first. I'm attaching a scan of the page with our count, as published in American Birds - no kids, not on papyrus, but close :)

Seeing how the birds (and birders) have changed is one of the great appeals of our Christmas Bird Count, both from a scientific and more global perspective, but also from a personal and very specific perspective.

Jumping out at me beyond our 67 species were the count-week-but-not-count-day species : Pied-billed Grebe, Wood Duck, Ruddy Duck, and Mourning Dove.