I’ve had Anna’s in the past through the winter but they always came to the feeder so were Accustomed to that when flowers froze. My problem with these 2 this fall is they are not coming to feeder at all. I’ve used a heat lamp to keep feeder thawed in past and have it ready If/when those hummers figure out there is a feeder. Thanks for all the feedback.

Cheryl Huizinga
Caldwell, Idaho

On Oct 22, 2020, at 12:59 PM, Kerry Fitzharris <birderfitz@...> wrote:

Cheryl, I put up a heated feeder for my Anna’s last year in December when I learned that someone else about a block away had put one up with success. Several came to it throughout the winter until mid-February when they vanished without a goodbye :-)

Kerry Fitzharris
Boise (north end)

On Oct 22, 2020, at 12:00 PM, rattlesnake4873 <Rattlesnake4873@...> wrote:

You can connect with Fred Erland in New Meadows. He had an Anna's all winter two years ago. Fred is on eBird and FB. Maybe IBLE, too.

Dean Jones
Donnelly and Boise

-------- Original message --------
From: cheryl huizinga <bchuizinga@...>
Date: 10/22/20 11:11 AM (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Anna's Hummingbird

Thanks for ideas Larry. My plan Is to put feeder in Middle Of those plants and maybe they’ll get the message. I’ll let you know.

Cheryl Huizinga
Caldwell, Idaho

On Oct 22, 2020, at 11:07 AM, cheryl huizinga <bchuizinga@...> wrote:

Cheryl Huizinga
Caldwell, Idaho

On Oct 22, 2020, at 10:59 AM, Terry <chipperxv@...> wrote:

Thought you would like to know that we have Anna's Hummingbirds in Reno, NV, and they are very keen on Pineapple Sage. Ours are fiercely territorial and will zoom down to hover right in your face if you get too close to their favorite plants.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 5:26 PM Ceredig Roberts via groups.io <ceredigroberts=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Wonderful. Just had another visit of an Anna’s at our house in the Highlands this evening. Got some photos this time. Feeding on the Red Salvias And then checking out the feeders.

On Oct 18, 2020, at 6:04 PM, Kerry Fitzharris <birderfitz@...> wrote:

I had a female Anna's coming and going from my feeder for about two hours this morning here in the North End of Boise. Beautiful red-speckled patch on her throat. Lovely to watch her in this fall light!