Re: Dry Lakes - A pair of American Golden Plovers ?

Carter Strope

I went and looked this afternoon and got good looks of the same 2 plovers in flight. They are Black-bellied based on having light rumps and dark axillary coverts/wingpits.

There were also Dunlin, Dowitchers, and Stilt, Least, and Semipalmated Sandpipers still present. The Dunlin count was up to 8 but there was only one Stilt Sandpiper today and drastically fewer gulls and Least Sandpipers.

-Carter Strope

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020, 16:45 Elizabeth Medes <liz.medes@...> wrote:
They are so handsome.  What beautiful photos, Ceredig.

Liz Medes
Emmett

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 4:24 PM Ceredig Roberts via groups.io <ceredigroberts=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Fou.

On Oct 18, 2020, at 11:06 PM, Linda Lamb <lamreeves58@...> wrote:

Thank you for the directions.  I am coming from Reno but spending the night in downtown Nampa. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy Tablet

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/18/20 6:09 PM (GMT-08:00)
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Dry Lakes -- no plovers but 4 Lesser Black-backed Gulls this evening

Where are you coming from?  The Dry Lakes playa is located adjacent to Stagecoach Road. I typically get there by heading out of Nampa on 12th St/Highway 45, turn right onto Bowmont, left on Dry Lakes Road (Bowmont t’s into Dry Lakes) and then Dry Lakes makes a 90 degree turn and becomes Stagecoach.  You could also turn right on Missouri or Bennett and the left onto Dry Lakes. 

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 17:21 Linda Lamb <lamreeves58@...> wrote:
We are going to be in the area tomorrow and would like to see what everyone is talking about. The link shows south east of CJ in the middle of a cultivated field. Can anyone give me better directions to the Dry Lakes?
Thanks, Linda

-- 
Louisa Evers
elouisa603@...

Join IBLE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.