From: Scott Tuthill <satuthill@...>
To: IBLE@groups.io
Sent: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 12:32:01 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Dry Lakes -- A whole different day

It is interesting to see how things change during the day. It was entirely possible the Golden-plovers were mixed in with the Dowitchers when I was there. They were on the far side of the water and all I was able to count were "large sized shorebirds with long bills". I easily could have missed the Golden-plovers - not that they have long bills, and they are similar sized, though smaller than the Dowitchers, but that I didn't take my time to carefully examine each "dot in the distance." When I didn't seem them up close in the mud I scanned all the surrounding fields a couple of time hoping they were out there.

Scott