Hummers gone

Jeff Brough

Sunday before Labor Day I still had three hummingbirds hitting my two feeders.  One was a Calliope, not sure about the other two.  Monday I saw two of them chasing each other in the morning, but when the big storm blew in in the early afternoon they were gone.  I figured that was the last of them, but Wednesday morning I saw a solitary bird guarding one of the feeders.  I was around all day, but didn't see him again, and now he's gone too.  I never get many, but the big push for me seems to be a bit later than I read from Brian Carrigan and others.  Funny, because I'm north of Idaho Falls, about two miles south of Ucon.