Re: Bird ID help

rattlesnake4873

Yep. Pinkish bill for sure Jay.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 3:08 PM Jay Carlisle via groups.io <carlislejay=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
My vote is “neither” 😁.  An immature that looks superficially unlike its parents but the pinkish bill helps (& the white outer tail feather seen from beneath) ... a Dark-eyed Junco.

Jay

On Sunday, July 12, 2020, 12:53 PM, Linda Lamb <lamreeves58@...> wrote:

Yesterday we were birding the top of Schweitzer Mountain and came across this bird. I thought at first it was a Cassin's Finch but upon closer inspection of the photo today I am not so sure. It may be an immature Chipping Sparrow. Can anyone assist? Did not hear it call so no help there. Also sorry if this is duplicated, had trouble sending. Thanks, Linda