Re: Blackpoll ?

Jon Barnett

Thanks so much for the report, Ann.  So sorry you missed it.  I was pretty bummed about it last night for myself.   :(  …Jonathan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: akswanson
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 1:24 PM
To: IBLE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Blackpoll ?

I stayed about ½ hour after Kathleen Lopez left.  A few more people showed up but stayed in their cars because it was so cold.  I never found it.

BTW, if you go to Foote Park on your journey, it is really muddy and wet on the north (?) side of the drainage.  As you face uphill, it is the left hand side.  The stream is running high and the path is muddy no matter where you go.  The other side isn’t so bad but it is wet.  It was Flycatcher heaven there today.  If you want to practice your ID skills, this is the place.  I was never out of sight of a flycatcher for most of the walk.  Very few were vocalizing.  Definitely got Olive-sided and Western Wood Pewee.  Would love to hear what others could identify.  Keep warm. Ann