Re: Still Missing W Tanager

Larry Arnold

oh sorry, Brian, we're just talking about Western Idaho Tanagers over here, not "Western Tanagers"     ;-)

From: "lcarrigan_55 via groups.io" <lcarrigan_55@...>
To: "IBLE" <IBLE@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 6:31:48 AM
Subject: Re: [IBLE] Still Missing W Tanager

Similarly, we had a Kestrel pr nest for yrs in a cottonwood natural cavity. Then, about 3 yrs ago, Starlings took over the nesting space. Sure miss seeing the Kestrels.

Have yet to see a W Tanager on our side of state. Keep checking daily but no luck yet. I did see one return yest afternoon, after I had sent my report to IBLE, of the Blue Jay to the feeder. Don't think it'll stay much longer. Visited to eat only 2-3 seeds & was off. Thanks for the info, Liz.