Re: Still Missing W Tanager

Elizabeth Medes

Had not seen Western tanagers in our hood in a while, then saw one on the canal and a very wet migrating flock on Shalerock Rd late yesterday.
Montour WMA had some, as well as lots of flycatchers.

MacGillivray warbler left yard when the rain quit.  Female black chinned Hummer finally arrived. Yellow Warblers, Western King birds, Bullock's Orioles and Black-headed grosbeaks have set up house keeping.

Believe the kestrel nesting box has been abandoned.  Distressing. Had active nesting up to 10 days ago. Have watched successful fledges for 8 years or more, some years there have been 2 clutches.  I see the male on occasion, but there's no chow time calling, no box visits,  and I've noticed starlings sitting on top of the box this week.  So bummed.

Liz Medes
Emmett, the east side