Re: Boise BT Green Warbler (yesterday)

Jay Carlisle

I gather several folks have tried w/o success this morning and it may well have migrated last night (definitely some new arrivals near our house so others could have departed). However, if you don't have anything better to do, I think it's still worth looking today - mainly because we got very lucky to hear a single chip note last night and it still took a while to locate the bird as it was within vegetation and not moving especially quickly. I know, easy for me to say since I was among the lucky ones last night but food for thought :-)

Jay

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 08:35:58 PM MDT, Jay Carlisle via groups.io <carlislejay@...> wrote:

Black-throated GREEN male still present @ 830.  From parking lot go W on dirt road past pond & maintenance shed to end of trail.

A male ...

Jay

Begin forwarded message:

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 7:42 PM, ebird-alert@... wrote:

*** Species Summary:

Black-throated Green Warbler (1 Ada)

Black-throated Green Warbler (Setophaga virens) (1)
- Reported May 13, 2020 16:49 by Patti Guicheteau
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival Grounds, Ada, Idaho
- Comments: "Photos attached. Male with black throat from bill  that became black stripes down the side of the breast. Green head and back which cancels out other males in this grouping such as the Townsend’s Warbler."