New Yard Bird!! #78

Jon Barnett

So amazing – just the other day, I was driving down Porter Creek Rd, thinking how I haven’t seen a Lewis’ Woodpecker for years, whereas they were regularly seen when we first moved up here 20 years ago….they are my favorite western woodpecker…

…fast forward to 30 minutes ago… I was working on my computer and suddenly 2 birds flew into my crabapple tree – couldn’t believe my eyes – 2 Lewis’ Woodpeckers!   First time ever in my yard, so I’m a very happy camper right now…

Best, Jonathan, Horseshoe Bend

(the wind was blowing pretty hard, so it was so difficult to get any good shot…)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10