Lesser Black-backed Gull

Kit Struthers

The Lesser Black-backed Gull was still on the Snake River in American Falls today.  Teresa Meachum and I first saw it from the northern part of the cemetery.  Then we could see it closer and better from the boat ramp just upstream from the cemetery.  First it was sitting on a rock in the river with several Ring-billed Gulls.  Then a fishing boat flushed it, and we watched it fly around for several minutes.  Finally it landed again with the other smaller gulls.  It definitely had a darker back than any of the others, yellow legs, and yellow bill with red dot near the tip.

Kit

Kit Struthers

Idaho Falls, ID

kit619@...