Re: Memories of Snake River Birds of Prey NCA

JackDaynes

Rich,

Thank you for your perspective. I suspected some of what you have pointed out. In researching the background, I came across a note about the falcon population being half of its former size. And I found references of "multi-use" that raised some concerns in the back of my mind. My 'backyard' in southern California has suffered similar abuses, but given the density of human population here, on a larger, more damaging scale.

Perhaps I had a romantic notion about Idaho being pristine, but with all those "1A" license plates, I guess it should be expected that some of the beauty nearby would be compromised.

Be well,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 5:42 AM Richard and Ann Rusnak <rarusnak62@...> wrote:
Jack, Thanks for the prose, on this amazing region of avian diversity. I remember it before fire, weeds, and ATV trails scoured the lush native shrub steppe, at which time there were many more raptors, rodents, passerines etc. "It" is now a pale version of its former self, (not to anthropomorphize) and a lesser and somewhat sad experience when I tromp through the landscape on birding and photography hikes.
Thanks for the prose and outreach.
 Rich, Nampa

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 1:06 AM JackDaynes <jackdaynes@...> wrote:
My latest addition to the "Birding Destinations" series is about a location in Idaho, a state I hope to spend more time visiting in the future.

https://shadetreeimaging.com/memories-of-snake-river-birds-of-prey-nca/

I hope you enjoy it,
-- Jack --
==================================
<https://shadeTreeImaging.com/>
Wildlife Photography with
Emphasis on Birds
I do not chase birds as much as I chase places.
I can enjoy the birds I meet, if I enjoy the place I meet them.
Find me at the intersection of Anywhere and Everywhere

-- Jack --