From: lcarrigan_55@... [ible]
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 8:41 PM
To: ible@...
Subject: [IBLE] Rufous Hummingbirds

Just wondering if anybody else is noting a push of Rufous Hummingbirds? I had a female come into the nectar feeder about a week ago & have seen 2 different male Rufous hitting it today. In fact, they've kept the resident Black-chinned pair away. Not complaining, as I always enjoy the brilliant rufous red of the males.

And, realize that Rufous start their fall migration by July. Just that at my location, I usually get the last of their push south in September. The ones coming through my place by then are usually females & juveniles. Nice treat to be getting the earlier males.