Re: Bannock County Sightings

Ruth Shea

While we were exploring the Springfield area Saturday we bumped into a birder who lives in that area.  He says there were several thousand snow geese  around American Falls reservoir a couple weeks ago but they headed north while the Mud Lake country was frozen.  His guess was that they may have overflown the snow country and headed straight up to the Freezeout Lake area. He also had just seen a male European Wigeon in a flock of wigeon on Yuma Road.

Saw no Trumpeters but saw  Tundras on Springfield Lake, 1 with a blue neckband.  It posed in front of us and I sent the collar number in. Rather amazing given how few Tundras are neckbanded.

Ruth Shea and Rod Drewien