Female Purple Finch

lcarrigan_55

I've had a female Purple Finch coming into my feeder with House
Finches for several days now. It looks identical to Sibley's drawing
in his book on page 528. It has the brown and white head pattern and
shorter streaks on its chest and flanks and is quite distinct from
the female House Finches. Its facial pattern is much stronger and
more distinct than the Cassin's as well and it has no eye ring.
Anyone else seeing such at your feeders?

I also had a Mountain Chickadee come in for about an hour with some
Black-capped ones yesterday. This was the first time I had seen a
Mountain at our place (mainly cottonwood riparian habitat).

Thanks,