Re: Late Gnat

Richard and Ann Rusnak

All, Anecdotally as I have no official documentation, I heard and then glassed a blue gray gnatcatcher at Deer Flat NWR the day after Thanksgiving about 8-9 years ago, I have the exact date documented in my field guide and Jim (proficient birder from Nampa now living back east, last name escapes me) was there that day looking for the bird. Definitely a shocker to hear and see in late Nov
Rich Rusnak, Nampa

On Nov 22, 2016, at 12:20 PM, 'Larry Arnold' larnold47@... [ible] <ible-noreply@...> wrote:

Per eBird, this looks like a record late date for the state... Bravo Heidi !!! =)
We occasionally had one linger onto a CBC in Grand Junction CO.
LA

-----Original Message-----
From: ebird-alert@... [mailto:ebird-alert@...]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:46 AM
Subject: [eBird Alert] Idaho Rare Bird Alert

*** Species Summary:

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (1 Ada)

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (Polioptila caerulea) (1)
- Reported Nov 21, 2016 09:25 by Heidi Ware
- Boise State Intermountain Bird Observatory Riverside Study Site, Ada, Idaho
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.5427738,-116.0973144&ll=43.5427738,-116.0973144
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S32666738
- Comments: "Heard calling and then seen well. Surprised to see it this late! In loose mixed flock of sparrows and house finches "