Re: First of Season birds

Richard and Ann Rusnak

IBLE, Yesterday on Boise green belt near the Eastern boundary of Eagle Island I had a great low flyby of 6 trumpeter swans(unlikely to be tundra's), headed N and low for a landing? Also saw 2 mature bald eagles in the vicinity. Great FOY day,
Rich Rusnak

On Nov 20, 2016, at 9:33 PM, 'Tom McCabe' tmccabe9@... [ible] <ible-noreply@...> wrote:

My ride started out great when I found a flock of A. Robins, Downy Woodpeckers and Cedar Waxwings near 23rd and Brumback. There was a EC Dove present also, but I don’t really think he hangs out with the others. These weren’t first of season, but they made for a nice start.

When we got to the river we found our first Bald Eagle in quite a while, perched along the river near the downstream end of Veteran’s Pond.

And 2/3rds of the way from Silver Lake to the bridge to the island there was again a male Northern Pintail. This is the same location as last year. Hopefully he’ll stick around through the winter (to pad my numbers!).

Also, I heard a C. Raven in my neighborhood for the first time since last winter.