First of Season birds

bike4birds

My ride started out great when I found a flock of A. Robins, Downy Woodpeckers and Cedar Waxwings near 23rd and Brumback. There was a EC Dove present also, but I don’t really think he hangs out with the others. These weren’t first of season, but they made for a nice start.

When we got to the river we found our first Bald Eagle in quite a while, perched along the river near the downstream end of Veteran’s Pond.

And 2/3rds of the way from Silver Lake to the bridge to the island there was again a male Northern Pintail. This is the same location as last year. Hopefully he’ll stick around through the winter (to pad my numbers!).

Also, I heard a C. Raven in my neighborhood for the first time since last winter.