Re: Malheur Rallies on January 19 in Oregon - FYI

Denise Hughes

I'd be heading that way if the rally was on the weekend.
I can't get away from work at this time.

The Idaho Press Tribune ran a story about Ammon
Bundy buying a house in Emmett.  I sure hope he
doesn't bring his hate to Idaho; specifically Deer Flat NWR.

On Jan 16, 2016, at 2:24 PM, Richard A Rusnak Jr rarusnak62@... [ible] <ible-noreply@...> wrote:

FYI, Does anyone know if an Idaho contingent is going to any of these, or is there enough interest to have a rally in Boise?

 I'm sure there are many hundreds of us that hold Malheur dear to our birding hearts and want to see an end to this mess.
(I apologize if this does not meet the criteria for IBLE posts.)
Rich Rusnak, Nampa

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Rallies on January 19 in Oregon - FYI
Date: January 16, 2016 1:16:37 PM MST
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Several rallies are being organized across the State of Oregon to show support for Malheur and our public lands systems next Tuesday January 19. The occupation of Malheur has been extremely frustrating for our communities and these rallies will provide an opportunity to show support for this cherished place in a positive environment.

See below for more details and I will update this list on any additional locations of events across the state in the coming days.

Audubon Alert: Rally for Malheur and for Public Lands
Dear Micah,

Photo by Scott CarpenterWe would like to invite you to join us on Tuesday, January 19 at 12 p.m. at Holladay Park near Lloyd Center to show your support for Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and public lands across the United States.

The illegal, armed occupation of Malheur puts one of America’s most important wildlife refuges at risk and threatens years of collaborative work between the refuge, local community, conservation organizations, the Burns Paiute and others. (Click here to see our official statement.) Portland Audubon has been working to protect Malheur since our founding in 1902 when Audubon’s first president, William Finley, helped inspire President Theodore Roosevelt to create Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. It is now time to speak out for Malhuer and our public lands across the United States again. We need your voice!Rally for Malheur and Public Lands in Portland, Eugene, Bend and Beyond
Join us in locations across the state (listed below) to gather and peacefully express your appreciation for Malheur, national public lands, their public servant caretakers, and the positive collaborative efforts between refuge officials, ranchers, environmentalists, and the Burns-Paiute Tribe that have been underway on the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.
Speakers will highlight the importance of protecting special places like the Malheur NWR that provide integral wildlife habitat, clean water, climate change mitigation, and recreational opportunities available as a benefit to all Americans.

Participants are strongly encouraged to RSVP by clicking here and to register to receive up to date information and other information about how they can support Malheur and public lands.Also check our website or our Restore Malheur Facebook page for regularly updated information on the Malheur situation and rally.

We know many of you are concerned about the illegal occupation. Let’s make our voices heard at rallies in Portland and across the state.

Important: Because of the volatile situation at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, supporters are strongly discouraged from visiting Harney County at this time.

Portland
Holliday Park near Lloyd Center
911 NE 11th Ave, Portland
Rally starts at 12 p.m.

Bend
Riverfront Plaza in Downtown Bend
(next to Crow's Feet Commons, 875 NW Brooks St)
Rally starts at 12 p.m.

Eugene
Old Federal Building
211 E. 7th Ave, Eugene
Rally starts at 12 p.m.

Medford/Ashland
Contact Klamath-Siskiyou Wildlands Center
To be organized for a later date. For more information contact amy@...

La Grande
Pro-Public Lands Potluck
105 Fir St Suite #327

Hood River
TBD
Corvallis
TBD

Thank you for your support of Malheur and other public lands!

Bob Sallinger
Conservation Director
Audubon Society of Portland
--