Nampa Christmas Bird Count

Denise Hughes

Cheryl and I want to thank everyone again who joined in on the CBC today. Your effort is greatly appreciated; you were all wonderful to endure 11 degree temperatures and fog.

The unofficial count day total is 104 bird species and 2 additional species during count week. If anyone is birding in the count circle and finds an unusual bird, please let Cheryl or me know.

Highlights include Dunlin, Canyon Wren, Chestnut-backed Chickadee, Varied Thrush, 3 Least Sandpipers, Blue Jay, Red Crossbills, Sparrows (White-throated, Lincoln's, and Savannah) White-breasted Nuthatch and 2 Red-breasted Sapsuckers.

I've attached a photo of one of the sapsuckers.