Re: Horned Larks

Richard and Ann Rusnak

Cool, Thanks for the info on over wintering songsters the canyon wrens.
Cheers, Rich Rusnak, Nampa.

On Feb 2, 2014, at 7:00 PM, BRIAN P COOPER <bpcooer@...> wrote:

Just saw one singing this afternoon at Celebration Park.

On Feb 2, 2014, at 6:52 PM, "Denise Hughes" <deniseh449@...> wrote:

There has been a Canyon Wren at Discovery Park near Boise.  I believe several people have seen or heard it when waiting for the Rosy finches to roost for the night.

Denise Hughes

On Feb 2, 2014, at 6:02 PM, Cliff and Lisa Weisse <cliffandlisa@...> wrote:

Rich,

Can't look at your Canyon Wren (don't do Facebook) but I see Canyon Wrens in the Owyhees during winter regularly in the Reynold's Creek area.  Always near rock outcroppings but not always near water.  Hope this helps.

Cliff

On 2/2/2014 4:21 PM, Richard A Rusnak Jr wrote:

Question, How often are Canyon wrens seen in winter in Owyhees and is this area normal over winter canyon wren habitat? I've always seen rock wrens in winter, just do not remember canyon wrens?

 I was hiking on Wilson Creek Bluffs today and saw small flocks of several horned, one canyon wren singing (see Facebook pg), lots of covids, and 3 golden eagles up close, flushed one covey of 6 chukkar , 20+ wild horses.
Great Ground Hog Day, Cheers, Rich Rusnak, Nampa

On Feb 2, 2014, at 2:41 PM, "tdtealbirder" <tdteal@...> wrote:

Saw 4 Horned Larks on Sucker Creek Rd in Gem County today around 12:15, it was great to see them.

Tim

--
Cliff and Lisa Weisse
Island Park, Idaho