Re: Nampa, Christmas Bird Count - Saturday 12/18

Richard and Ann Rusnak

Hey Birders, Made it out to bird in the sunshine today along the Snake River near Noble Island.
Besides the winter regulars Bob Kiernan and I saw or heard the following:

Virginia Rail (heard only)
C. Goldeneye ducks,  50+
Winter wren, (heard only)
Trumpeter Swans, 5
Including the 22 species of regulars, not bad for a short winter outing.
Hope to see some of you for the Nampa, CBC
Adios, Rich Rusnak, Nampa

On Dec 12, 2010, at 7:09 AM, Cheryl Huizinga wrote:

Hi Birders,
Plan on doing the Nampa CBC next Saturday, Dec. 18 for the 111th Christmas Bird Count!  Last year we counted 92 species and we'd like to pass that number this year.  More counters means more eyes and more birds seen!
 Meet at the Deer Flat WMA Visitors Center at 7 to 7:30 am.   Lynn Davenport will put us in area groups and we'll be out the door counting birds at 8:00.
Meet back at the Visitor Center at 5:00 pm to turn in your counts and have a bowl of Chili or Clam Chowder.  If you want to bring something for the potluck - bring crackers, bread, cookies or etc.
If you can't be there Saturday, help the count anyway by watching your feeders and counting species and #'s of those species.  You never know when something a little different will show up at a feeder!  The Feeder Count goes from Dec. 15 - Dec. 22.  Turn in those numbers to Lynn Davenport - bigbirder@clearwire.net  or at 880-6619
Happy Birding!
Cheryl Huizinga
880-5687