Topics

Reminder: Maunakea 146.72 MHz- (PL100.0) repeater, WH6FIU, monthly test set for Saturday, 9/7/19 1200 HST.

Kevin Bogan

To: PacSecARES, HiCoARES, Big Island, KHRC, MKSS, OMKM, DECs, others,

The duration of the net maybe limited this month due to operator scheduling difficulties. However, we will test the repeater enough to ensure it is operational and ready. Thank you for your patience.

Hurricane Season is here and more cyclonic activity is headed our way.
We continue to need to ensure the MK repeater is operational.

The repeater will be turned back on at noon for the test on Saturday 9/7/19, then turned off again. It needs to be tested on a monthly basis (1st Saturday) to continue to map out coverage and discover what minimal conditions are required to maintain communications on the repeater and to insure that it is operational.

Please check in on the Hawaii State VOAD repeater, 146.72 MHz (PL 100.0 Hz) Maunakea on this coming Saturday, September 7, 2019,  1200 HST.

Please help us map the extent of coverage of the Maunakea repeater by checking in on the HSVOAD net from as many locations as possible.

This is an emcomm repeater, so please use best practices as given by the NCS when operating on the repeater.

A continuing request:
As you check in from different sites, please include the locations of our Served Agencies and Served Communities.  Now is the time to educate your local American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, faith-based organizations and others on what communications would be like from their location.

This repeater serves the member agencies (e.g.,(BI) Hawaii VOAD, American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, Hawaii Pacific Baptist Convention, Team Rubicon, ARES and more) and their partners (e.g., HI-EMA, HCCDA, MEMA, etc.)

Please give this notice the widest dissemination.

Thanks,

Kevin Bogan, AH6QO
ASM Hawaii State VOAD ARRL/ARES Liaison
Skywarn HAM Radio Coordinator for Hawaii
Kevin, AH6QO
Cell: 808.778.4697
Other: (720) 235-8172