Topics

Closing Hicoares reflector

Norm

Hi Steve,
I started the HIcoARES reflector to provide a forum for our county's ARES topics at a time when we could have had a local leader (e.g. AH6KO as ASM for HI county) to assist in SET planning. It's been neglected by many DECs and others for the intended purpose IMO. So I thought it was no longer needed.

There were 5 votes so far to keep it, 1 either/or, and 1 to close it. Poll votes (4 vs. 4) differed from message responses, so it seems Polling doesn't work. Weird.

Anyhow it's staying open for the time being.

I don't feel like administering it any more though. Whoever wants to do so may receive ownership from me immediately, or I'll just close it in one week, on 09 April 2020, and let someone else start up their own new improved version.

Don't think there's anything posted as messages or files that needs archiving.

Aloha, Norm, NH7UA
Aloha, Norm, NH7UA

Norm

Oops. Just reviewed Files. There are several that may be valuable. Will move to KHRC Files section.

Aloha, Norm, NH7UA

joe Tabrah

Norm,
I will take ownership as the ARES big Island ASEC.  What do I have to do?
Thanks for keeping it alive over the years.
Aloha,
Joe
KH6FHI

--
Aloha,
Joe

Norm

Hi all reflector subscribers,

I'm pleased to announce the quick establishment of Joe Tabrah (KH6FHI) as new Owner of Hicoares@groups.io.
Steve Doyle (WH6TW) is also a new Moderator.

I'm still a Member.
--
Aloha, Norm, NH7UA

Steve Doyle

Thanks Joe for helping out!  Thanks Ceri and Norm for your past efforts.

I've taken the liberty of editing the Nets page on the Wiki.  Eric has some more additions that I will add later and I would like to add some more info and organizing.  LMK if you or (anyone else out there) has any other immediate requests, suggestions, criticisms, etc.
Aloha, Steve D.  WH7TW