Topics

Charge your batteries, time to keep a low-key eye on weather in the eastern North Pacific.

Kevin Bogan

This is addressed to the Skywarn Spotters and anyone who is interested in weather and its power. I apologize if you receive more than one of these emails.

Right now there is nothing to worry about. The Central Pacific is relatively quiet. The eastern North Pacific is starting events off with three possibilities, two of which are forecast to parallel the West Coast. However, Low Pressure Area  #1, on the other hand, is forming up at about 130 degrees west, not far from our 140 west demarcation of our Central Pacific and is forecast to travel west. All of this may change, but the trained Severe Weather Spotters know to be vigilant.  I am using this time to clear debris and unwanted vegetation out, rescreen those screens that need it, check my shutters and plywood are still strong and leisurely run through preparations, including making sure I have the appropriate paperwork, gear and supplies freshened and ready.
Here is some info quoted from the NHC website (BOLD text is important):
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Mon Jun 22 2020

For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:

1. An area of low pressure located more than 1500 miles southwest
of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula continues to
show signs of organization. Environmental conditions appear
conducive for gradual development, and this system is likely to
become a tropical depression during the next few days while it
moves slowly westward.
become a tropical depression during the next few days while it
moves slowly westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
Here is the link for the NHC's eastern North Pacific: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=epac&fdays=2

Stay Vigilant. Stay Healthy.
As Ron Hashiro would say, "Get Ready Today - Be Ready Tomorrow"

Kevin, AH6QO
Hawaii Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
 *Cooperation*Communication*Coordination*Collaboration
Cell: 808.778.4697
Other: (720) 235-8172