Topics

CHANGE: 2/2/19 Maunakea 146.72 MHz - (PL100.0) repeater WH6FIU abbreviated test

Kevin Bogan

To: PacSecARES, HiCoARES, Big Island, KHRC, MKSS, OMKM, DECs, others,

THE FEBRUARY 2, 2019 TEST WILL BE FROM 1200 TO 1203 HST (approximately.)

The test is abbreviated due to the participants engaged in the Big Island International Ham Swapmeet.on Saturday, February 2, 2019.

The intent of the test is to determine whether or not the repeater remains operational and to what extent.  Winter conditions may have changed the repeater's operating capability and a few exchanges with stations will most likely indicate whether there is a need for repair or not.

If you are not at the swapmeet, please answer Sean, KH6SF, who will be conducting this abbreviated test.

The repeater will be turned on , tested briefly, and turned off.

Thanks for helping to take care of your emcomm repeater.

Kevin Bogan, AH6QO

Terence Dowling

There are two radios in each communication. This would have been a great time to encourage swap meet participants
to verify that THEIR radios have been set up correctly and to get help on the spot if needed..

I'd ask that you reconsider this greatly abbreviated availability.

Aloha and 73
Terry KH6L

On 2/1/2019 14:03, Kevin Bogan wrote:
To: PacSecARES, HiCoARES, Big Island, KHRC, MKSS, OMKM, DECs, others,

THE FEBRUARY 2, 2019 TEST WILL BE FROM 1200 TO 1203 HST (approximately.)

The test is abbreviated due to the participants engaged in the Big Island International Ham Swapmeet.on Saturday, February 2, 2019.

The intent of the test is to determine whether or not the repeater remains operational and to what extent.  Winter conditions may have changed the repeater's operating capability and a few exchanges with stations will most likely indicate whether there is a need for repair or not.

If you are not at the swapmeet, please answer Sean, KH6SF, who will be conducting this abbreviated test.

The repeater will be turned on , tested briefly, and turned off.

Thanks for helping to take care of your emcomm repeater.

Kevin Bogan, AH6QO

Jim Sugg

Kevin -

I wholeheartedly agree with Terry. We were planning to use the VOAD test period as a ‘teaching opportunity’ at the hamfest.

If possible to do at this late time, I urge you to please conduct the test for the normal one hour period.

73 & Aloha,
Jim Sugg
AH6AE

To: PacSecARES, HiCoARES, Big Island, KHRC, MKSS, OMKM, DECs, others,

THE FEBRUARY 2, 2019 TEST WILL BE FROM 1200 TO 1203 HST (approximately.)

The test is abbreviated due to the participants engaged in the Big Island International Ham Swapmeet.on Saturday, February 2, 2019.

The intent of the test is to determine whether or not the repeater remains operational and to what extent.  Winter conditions may have changed the repeater's operating capability and a few exchanges with stations will most likely indicate whether there is a need for repair or not.

If you are not at the swapmeet, please answer Sean, KH6SF, who will be conducting this abbreviated test.

The repeater will be turned on , tested briefly, and turned off.

Thanks for helping to take care of your emcomm repeater.

Kevin Bogan, AH6QO

Kevin Bogan

Jim and others,

Talk to Sean Fendt, KH6SF, who is conducting the test.  I would like to see the testing done, but I don't want it to interfere with the forum that will be going on.  It was by request to cancel the net and testing this month because of the forum. I asked to have, at least, a short test. Did anyone think to tell Eric, Sean or me this plan? Please talk it over among yourselves and let me know what you decide.

I am sick in bed and will check this again in a bit.

Kevin, AH6QO

To: PacSecARES, HiCoARES, Big Island, KHRC, MKSS, OMKM, DECs, others,

THE FEBRUARY 2, 2019 TEST WILL BE FROM 1200 TO 1203 HST (approximately.)

The test is abbreviated due to the participants engaged in the Big Island International Ham Swapmeet.on Saturday, February 2, 2019.

The intent of the test is to determine whether or not the repeater remains operational and to what extent.  Winter conditions may have changed the repeater's operating capability and a few exchanges with stations will most likely indicate whether there is a need for repair or not.

If you are not at the swapmeet, please answer Sean, KH6SF, who will be conducting this abbreviated test.

The repeater will be turned on , tested briefly, and turned off.

Thanks for helping to take care of your emcomm repeater.

Kevin Bogan, AH6QO

April K. Lee, Broker, BA, CCIM, ABR, E-Pro

Saw Sean at the ham meeting and asked.  He wasn’t able to turn it on and wasn’t sure why.  Then we were checking to see who else had equipment capability but when I left at 12:40 and still no option.  I assume it’s canceled for today

April K. Lee, Broker RB-19294, BA, CCIM, ABR, E-Pro
Kohala Real Estate & 2nd Home Services
In beautiful Hawi, Hawai’i
Cell: 808-989-5995

To: PacSecARES, HiCoARES, Big Island, KHRC, MKSS, OMKM, DECs, others,

THE FEBRUARY 2, 2019 TEST WILL BE FROM 1200 TO 1203 HST (approximately.)

The test is abbreviated due to the participants engaged in the Big Island International Ham Swapmeet.on Saturday, February 2, 2019.

The intent of the test is to determine whether or not the repeater remains operational and to what extent.  Winter conditions may have changed the repeater's operating capability and a few exchanges with stations will most likely indicate whether there is a need for repair or not.

If you are not at the swapmeet, please answer Sean, KH6SF, who will be conducting this abbreviated test.

The repeater will be turned on , tested briefly, and turned off.

Thanks for helping to take care of your emcomm repeater.

Kevin Bogan, AH6QO

Kevin Bogan

April,

Thanks, I appreciate the information.  Based on what you wrote, I would say that ithe test was not cancelled, but failed.  I'll talk to Sean for details.  We may have to go up there to check it out.  We don't know whether the issue lies at the repeater site, Sean's attempt or RF path - or something else.

Kevin, AH6QO

To: PacSecARES, HiCoARES, Big Island, KHRC, MKSS, OMKM, DECs, others,