Topics

American Red Cross Exercise - 5/30/2020 - Registration info

Jim Sugg

Edited

For those radio operators who will participate in the ARES/ARC Saturday, May 30, 2020 communications exercise from 9 a.m. to 12 noon, please register at this link: https://arcg.is/019KCP

Registration does not obligate you in any way to join the ARC or ARES.  It will give the coordinators of this exercise how many operators are involved, where they are located and you will receive a certificate of participation.

For those participating, have fun during this exercise as we get ready for the hurricane season beginning June 1 through November 31.

Jim Sugg
AH6AE
ARES North Hawaii County DEC

April K. Lee, Broker, BA, CCIM, ABR, E-Pro

🌈I would like to participate, however I’m not sure if I can get reception, Jim.  I’ll try.  We CERT have worked in their shelters many times.
💢 Mahalo nui 💢
April K. Lee, Broker RB-19294, BA, CCIM, ABR, E-Pro
Kohala Real Estate & 2nd Home Services
In beautiful Hawi, Hawai’i
Cell: 808-989-5995

On May 19, 2020, at 8:13 PM, Jim Sugg <jimsugg7@...> wrote:

For those radio operators who will participate in the ARES/ARC Saturday, May 30, 2020 communications exercise from 9 a.m. to 12 noon, please register at this link:

Registration does not obligate you in any way to join the ARC or ARES.  It will give the coordinators of this exercise how many operators are involved, where they are located and you will receive a certificate of participation.

For those participating, have fun during this exercise as we get ready for the hurricane season beginning June 1 through November 31.

Jim Sugg
AH6AE
ARES North Hawaii County DEC

Jim Sugg

April:

Even if you cannot get an RF connection, you could participate using Winlink Telnet, which is an Internet connection. They are encouraging the use Telnet connections if people cannot connect via RF, with the goal of having more people become familiar with the Winlink Express program and Winlink operation. If you are interested in that, and need any help, let me know.

Jim
AH6AE

Steve Doyle

Hi Jim,
 Two items on form could use clarification.

1.  I am registering as an individual yet it requires a  "Team Name"  I guessed ARES?
2.  Asks if I will be participating in Part A AM, Part B PM.  No times given. I chose AM since I'm a morning person anyway.

In the name of expediency I went ahead with my assumptions and hoped for a passing score.

Aloha,
Steve D.
WH7TW

Jim Sugg

Edited

1. I was also confused about team name. I assumed it meant something like the local team - i.e., shelter or shelter group??? - since every participant here represents a ‘shelter’. So I just made one up.
2. I assumed part A only, since the verbiage we have says 9-12 in the morning, and there is nothing for us about the afternoon.

I am told the most important part about this for ARC is the zip code, so they can do a rough geographic analysis of participation. Since they obviously aren’t explaining the other stuff, just fill out the other fields with your best guess.

If there is a chance, I will point out the confusion issues with the reg form in any follow up we do.

Jim

On May 22, 2020, at 7:30 AM, Steve Doyle <wh7tw@...> wrote:
Hi Jim,
 Two items on form could use clarification.

1.  I am registering as an individual yet it requires a  "Team Name"  I guessed ARES?
2.  Asks if I will be participating in Part A AM, Part B PM.  No times given. I chose AM since I'm a morning person anyway.

In the name of expediency I went ahead with my assumptions and hoped for a passing score.

Aloha,
Steve D.
WH7TW

joe Tabrah

Jim,
Clem indicated to me that the registration with ARC was optional and principally to get a certificate of participation.  Hence, if you choose to register, use your judgement on how to fill out the registration form.
Aloha,
Joe
KH6FHI

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 7:43 AM Jim Sugg <Jimsugg7@...> wrote:
1. I was also confused about team name. I assumed it meant something like the local team - i.e., shelter or shelter group??? - since every participant here represents a ‘shelter’. So I just made one up.
2. I assumed part A only, since the verbiage we have says 9-12 in the morning, and there is nothing for us about the afternoon.

I am told the most important part about this for ARC is the zip code, so they can do a rough geographic analysis of participation. Since they obviously aren’t explaining the other stuff, just fill out the other fields with your best guess. If they want better data, we need better explanations. 😀

--
Aloha,
Joe

Jim Sugg

What are you going to use for a shelter name in tomorrow’s exercise?

Jim

On May 22, 2020, at 7:43 AM, Jim Sugg <jimsugg7@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Miller

Ninole Hongwanji HUB

KK6GM Gary Miller

[...]

Peggy Gentle

Keaau Elementary  spoke  no digital

On May 29, 2020, at 1:47 PM, Gary Miller <millerninole@...> wrote:

Ninole Hongwanji HUB

KK6GM Gary Miller

[...]

Eric Grabowski

Waikoloa School

On Friday, May 29, 2020, 12:16:55 PM HST, Jim Sugg <jimsugg7@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks all. I have most shelter names and sent this question to the group by mistake (lots of emails flying today...:) No more answers required.

Timothy Bryan

6th Street Shelter

On May 29, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Jim Sugg <Jimsugg7@...> wrote:

[...]

Elisabeth Green

I just asked Darrell RDO May I use Pahoa Rec Center shelter?