Topics

American Red Cross Exercise, 5/30/2020

Steve Doyle

Edited

Passing this along from Norm (NH7UA) and Clem (KH7HO).  Files and forms are located in the files area.  Click here.

"Hi,
Here's Clem's message re exercise.
Winlink only (and SSB?).
FLdigi/FLmsg doesn't have the same message templates, I think.

Aloha, Norm, NH7UA"

" To all,
Sorry for this delayed email.  There was a Zoom meeting yesterday
among the SECs and the latest TEAMs conference call this morning with
ARC about the ARES/ARC shelter exercise for Saturday, May 30, 2020.
Please read the attached exercise document.  Additional information
has been added as well as Maui and Hawaii county radio operators will
Cc their Winlink messages to Joe Tabrah (KH6FHI).  Oahu and Kauai
participating Hams will still Cc me at (KH7HO) on Winlink.
As requested, I filled out the ARC 213 (General Message form) and the
Daily Shelter Report as samples on how to fill them out for the May 30
exercise.
Again, this is a shelter exercise.  You can simulate a shelter from
your home.  Keep the social distancing and be safe.
The exercise will begin at 9 a.m. to 12 noon on Saturday, May 30,
2020.  Please get the word out to the Hams in your ARES districts or
to your respective organizations and encourage them to participate.
Suggest you have your radio operators start sending practice messages
either to their personal email address and / or to you.
I sending this via regular email because the total data for all three
attachments is over 120 kB.  Please note, pdf files are very large
when not sent within Winlink.  I will attend to try to send it also
via Winlink for practice.
Any questions, please contact me.
Clem (KH7HO)"