Switch to HawaiiARES group reflectors, and upcoming Makana Pahili exercise

Jim Sugg

Aloha all -

This is a reminder that this reflector has been replaced by the new HawaiiARES reflector on groups.io. For those of us on the Big Island, there are two separate groups of note on that reflector:

The main group (main@HawaiiARES) will be used to communicate and discuss ARES activities for all Hawaiian islands. This will include statewide ARES exercises.

A sub-group for the Big Island (BigIslandARES@HawaiiARES), which is administered jointly by the DECs of the four ARES districts, will be used to communicate and discuss exercises and issues specific to the Big Island.

All hams that are registered with ARES are automatically subscribed to the main group. If you are not registered with ARES, you can subscribe to the main group by sending an email to main+subscribe@HawaiiARES.groups.io.

A number of Big Island hams are already subscribed to the BigIslandARES sub-group. If you are not yet subscribed there, you can do so by sending an email to BigIslandARES+subscribe@HawaiiARES.groups.io.

As you may already know, there is an upcoming exercise next Saturday, June 19: the Makana Pahili exercise. Instructions for this exercise are available now on the main HawaiiARES reflector.

In addition, we will be posting some additional information on the BigIsland sub-group, including sample forms.

We will be retiring this reflector soon - this will be the last post regarding ARES exercises here.

73,
Jim
AH6AE

Join HiCoAres@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.