Helping Friends Depression Support Group HelpingFriends@groups.io
WHAT IS DEPRESSION?
Depression is NOT a spiritual weakness, rather, it is a complex disorder involving, among other things, chemical imbalances in the brain. Depression is a serious medical condition that is different from “feeling blue” and is not something that people just “get over.” It includes five or more of the following symptoms present for at least two weeks, and at least one of the symptoms must be either depressed mood or loss of interest or pleasure:
- Depressed mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Agitation or lethargy
- Fatigue or low energy
- Feeling worthless or guilty for no reason
- Difficulty thinking or concentrating
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Clinical impairment in social, occupational or other areas of functioning
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ BELOW!!!
After applying to join, you will be sent a QUESTIONNAIRE to fill out to ascertain whether you are truly one of Jehovah's Witness in good standing in your congregation. This is for the protection of the group and your protection as well should you join. It is kept private, only the Sisters who are owners/moderators of the group see your information. No persons on "Helping Friends" are maintained in the capacity of medical, social or psychiatric professionals.
!!! To Be Accepted Into This Group You Must Complete And Return A Questionnaire !!!
- 48 Members
- 42,138 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.