Topics

Today's meeting

Lucinda Shastid

Almost entirely knitting!  There's a question at the bottom of this message.

Teresa worked on a bulky mobius cowl.

Edie did a darling baby Gansey sweater.

Lucinda knitted a multi-color block sweater and eventually spun a little bit, just to keep our group name accurate.

Charlene had a black and red-gold poncho.

Susan made a hat of yarn from her own sheep.

Catherine continued on her Icelandic wool lace shawl.

Shelley started a sock (after ripping out the first version).

Discussion topics were mostly health and OT-(p-word).

Someone asked about the blanket we made for Patty's family - a lot cabin pattern?  I looked on the groups.yahoo site for a photograph, but all of our photos are inaccessible.

Does anyone have a copy of that blanket?  Or the name of the pattern?

Carol Fessler

Hi everyone! The blanket we made for Patti’s family was the mitered crosses blanket a Mason Dixon knitting pattern. You can see pictures of it on Irene’s ravelry page. Her ravelry name is bluebirdnest  and the project is called the wedding blanket.

It’s a beautiful pattern and it’s fun to make.

Carol

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 3:49 PM Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

Almost entirely knitting!  There's a question at the bottom of this message.

Teresa worked on a bulky mobius cowl.

Edie did a darling baby Gansey sweater.

Lucinda knitted a multi-color block sweater and eventually spun a little bit, just to keep our group name accurate.

Charlene had a black and red-gold poncho.

Susan made a hat of yarn from her own sheep.

Catherine continued on her Icelandic wool lace shawl.

Shelley started a sock (after ripping out the first version).

Discussion topics were mostly health and OT-(p-word).

Someone asked about the blanket we made for Patty's family - a lot cabin pattern?  I looked on the groups.yahoo site for a photograph, but all of our photos are inaccessible.

Does anyone have a copy of that blanket?  Or the name of the pattern?

Jane Daniels

Thanks Carol,

I don't know about others in the group, but I felt so much better after working on this project, the lap robe for her husband and a shawl for her daughter.

Jane

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 4:00 PM Carol Fessler <carol.fessler@...> wrote:
[...]

(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Thank you Lucinda! Wonderful recap and thanks for bring up my blanket question and, thank you Carol for remembering!

🦋
“History, despite its wrenching pain cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage need not be lived again.” -Maya Angelou

On Dec 7, 2019, at 4:00 PM, Carol Fessler <carol.fessler@...> wrote:

[...]

Teresa Ambrose

Did we do another project for Patty’s family?

🦋

On Dec 7, 2019, at 4:42 PM, Teresa Ambrose via Groups.Io <hayslope@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, there was a lap blanket for her husband and a shawl for her daughter. I think Irene knitted a sweater for her grandson.

On Dec 7, 2019, at 4:42 PM, Teresa Ambrose via Groups.Io <hayslope=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Thank you Jane. ❤️

🦋

On Dec 7, 2019, at 5:06 PM, Jane Daniels <jdhikes@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Carol.  I knew someone would remember!

Lucinda