Topics

Today's Meeting

Lucinda Shastid

Helen was not available to join us today as a Member of the Board, so Regina came in her stead.

Attendees were Charlene doing her first attempt (and success!) at color work; Annie spindling black merino; Catherine knitting a lace shawl with single-ply unspun Icelandic; Joan knitting a slip-stitch cowl; Jane spinning and then knitting with a ribbon yarn (which she had ironed before using); Melanie knitting a sock using magic loop; and Lucinda, plying lace weight on her miniSpinner.

We discussed cats and cat-sitting, dyeing and a possible dye day.

In addition, Regina mentioned flower pounding as we were leaving.  It sounds interesting (and ties in with our dyeing discussion): https://feltmagnet.com/crafts/How-to-Flower-Pound-on-Fabric, among other sites.

Shelley Reid

Thanks, Lucinda!

I missed you guys—but we went to see They Shall Not Grow Old at the Palisades. I highly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to go. It’s in the Hudson Valley for a couple more days, I think.

Shelley

On Feb 3, 2019, at 3:04 PM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

Helen was not available to join us today as a Member of the Board, so Regina came in her stead.

Attendees were Charlene doing her first attempt (and success!) at color work; Annie spindling black merino; Catherine knitting a lace shawl with single-ply unspun Icelandic; Joan knitting a slip-stitch cowl; Jane spinning and then knitting with a ribbon yarn (which she had ironed before using); Melanie knitting a sock using magic loop; and Lucinda, plying lace weight on her miniSpinner.

We discussed cats and cat-sitting, dyeing and a possible dye day.

In addition, Regina mentioned flower pounding as we were leaving.  It sounds interesting (and ties in with our dyeing discussion): https://feltmagnet.com/crafts/How-to-Flower-Pound-on-Fabric, among other sites.

Lucinda Shastid

We missed you, too!