Date: 05/13/09 19:40:22
Subject: [HanoverSpinKnitIn] This Saturday!

The weather is looking good, and the porch is looking even better....

Teresa and I will be at the Farm this Saturday, on the porch behind Molly's
House (where we have usually met, first building on the left), with
knitting, and spinning wheels, and show-and-tell, and name tags and ....

Please join us with any or all of the above. Also with any questions or
show-offs!

We look forward to seeing you there at 11:00 this Saturday.

Lucinda and Teresa

Irene Marks <imchanging@...>

Hi Teresa et al
Sorry but I will not see you Saturday as I am heading to the Webs Yarn Tent Sale in Northhampton MA. Whoo-ooo! Anyone else going?
Irene

Toni Garcia <tonisemail@...>

Awww...I'm going to have to miss this one too!

The Northern Westchester Stitch 'n Bitch group will be participating in Yorktown Community Day.  We did it last year, and had a great time.  We set up our chairs, and a table with yarn & things we've completed, and had a wonderful day knitting & chatting with people.

This year, we'll also have our drop spindles & wheel going - that should attract some interest!  It's from noon to 5pm on Saturday at the Mildred Strang Middle School on 202.

I hope we'll see some of you there!

See you next time!

Toni

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Joe Zygala and Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

The weather is looking good, and the porch is looking even better....

Teresa and I will be at the Farm this Saturday, on the porch behind Molly's
House (where we have usually met, first building on the left), with
knitting, and spinning wheels, and show-and-tell, and name tags and ....

Please join us with any or all of the above. Also with any questions or
show-offs!

We look forward to seeing you there at 11:00 this Saturday.

Lucinda and Teresa

Carol Fessler <carol.fessler@...>

I have to miss spinning this month, too - but I'll be at Community Day with my drop spindle!

See you next month,

Carol

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Toni Garcia <tonisemail@...> wrote:

[...]

Toni and Carol (and others?), that sounds great!  How did it work out?

We had a "small but select group" at the Farm yesterday.  I enjoy the large gatherings with all my friends, but there is something to be said for the smaller groups, when we can all talk together and be heard.

I have a feeling that the groups will be small over the spring and summer, because of all the competing events (and weather!), but I hope everyone will feel welcome, whenever they have a chance to come.

In fact, if anyone wants to get a random group together - just post a notice.  Teresa will make sure the Farm is available (won't you, Teresa?) and "as many as will" can get together.  That can be fun, too!  Weekends should usually be good; on weekdays the building we usually meet is occupied, but the Horse Barn may be available.

So how did the Community Day go?

[...]

Ooooh - if I'd known in advance! Now that I've started getting into
weaving, I'm more interested in buying yarns than I was before.

Show-and-tell the next time we see you?

Sorry but I will not see you Saturday as I am heading to the Webs
Yarn Tent Sale in Northhampton MA. Whoo-ooo! Anyone else going?
Irene

Irene Marks <imchanging@...>

Hello All
I had a great time at Webs. It is going on tomorrow as well, May 17. It took me just under 2 hours to get to North Hampton. Not bad. I can see why the knitters with the largest stashes would hesitate. My 'downfall' was that someone freed up a shopping cart just as my hands were getting full so I just kept adding to the pile in the cart! I got some nice yarns for great prices. They also had lots of roving today. I may have overdone it a little, but I have lots of specific projects in mind and am fully charged and ready to go.
Maybe next year?
Happy Spinning/Knitting
Irene

Hayslope <hayslope@...>

Yes I am sure that there is always somewhere to meet at the farm. The
big house is occupied during the week but there are other buildings and
outside spaces. If I am not available the farm can be contacted
directly. The farm manager is Lucille.