Topics

Shaving fuzz off sweaters

Lucinda Shastid

I know we talked about this at one meeting, and I think the answer was "stretch the sweater out and hold the razor at the right angle."

But I'm not sure what the right angle is, and I can't find my razor.

Is anyone coming tomorrow who can help me?  I  have a 90% fine wool/10% angora sweater and the white fuzz is VERY obvious in the parts that get handled the most (like the bottom of the forearms).  Once I know how to do it, I'll go out and buy a razor of my own, but I can't find the one I got many years ago for this purpose.

By the way, who's coming tomorrow?

Lucinda

Catherine C.

I'm planning to come to the meeting tomorrow.
Lucinda, I don't know if this would be of interest...(link below). I have no direct knowledge of it, but if it is good enough for Clara Parkes, then...
http://www.knittersreview.com/lilly-brush/
Catherine

Lucinda Shastid

Thanks, Catherine.  I'll see what other people think tomorrow.  Certainly I have to do something.

See you tomorrow,

Lucinda