Topics

OT - political. I've copied the feminist portion

Lucinda Shastid

I've read this column several times and still shake my head in disbelief.  Voters have said that women's emotions and PMS make them ineligible for political office.  William Barr said that Trump was very angry about how people treated him.  The columnist says,

"Can you imagine if a female president became so paralyzed by her emotions that she was notably upset for weeks? Can you imagine if a female politician’s strategy for dealing with her staff involved screaming at them, then lambasting them in public, and then not looking at them?

"Can you imagine if the president was a person of color? If an attorney general waved away a black man’s bombastic behavior in the Oval Office by explaining he was often just really angry?"

If you want to read the whole thing, there it is:

From https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/william-barr-seems-to-believe-donald-trump-is-too-emotional-to-be-guilty/2019/04/18/fa5f3a32-6223-11e9-bfad-36a7eb36cb60_story.html?utm_term=.00567cc9ec05

Lucinda

Maria Sanderleaf

Amen!

Maria

(914)329-1177

On Apr 19, 2019, at 12:01 PM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

I've read this column several times and still shake my head in disbelief.  Voters have said that women's emotions and PMS make them ineligible for political office.  William Barr said that Trump was very angry about how people treated him.  The columnist says,

"Can you imagine if a female president became so paralyzed by her emotions that she was notably upset for weeks? Can you imagine if a female politician’s strategy for dealing with her staff involved screaming at them, then lambasting them in public, and then not looking at them?

"Can you imagine if the president was a person of color? If an attorney general waved away a black man’s bombastic behavior in the Oval Office by explaining he was often just really angry?"

If you want to read the whole thing, there it is:

From https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/william-barr-seems-to-believe-donald-trump-is-too-emotional-to-be-guilty/2019/04/18/fa5f3a32-6223-11e9-bfad-36a7eb36cb60_story.html?utm_term=.00567cc9ec05

Lucinda