Topics

Knit Picks Blocking Mats

Lucinda Shastid

Does anyone have any experience with the Knit Picks blocking mats?  The reviews are so-so - it sounds like there are quality control problems.

Are there better ones I should look at?

Lucindad

Shelley Reid

If you are interested in alternatives, I use these from Amazon and I haven’t experienced anything adverse. And now that I look at my order history, I will tell you I paid a lot more than $10 for them then and just added a package to my cart. ;)

If you want to try the KP mats, they are typically on sale during the Big Sale (look for it around Nov. 18th this year), either as just a sale item or as part of a special one-day promotion—KP runs several of these throughout the sale, like a $1 pattern sale one day, a BOGO day, etc.

I haven’t used the KP mats so can’t offer any specific feedback on that. 

Shelley

On Oct 4, 2019, at 8:40 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with the Knit Picks blocking mats?  The reviews are so-so - it sounds like there are quality control problems.

Lucindad

Lucinda Shastid

Thanks, Shelley.  I just added a set to my order.  (I'm also getting the Selbu Mittens, and I ordered Traditional Danish Sweaters from KP.  I have always enjoyed traditional costume, so I think I'm going to love it.)

On 10/4/2019 9:01 AM, Shelley Reid via Groups.Io wrote:
If you are interested in alternatives, I use these from Amazon and I haven’t experienced anything adverse. And now that I look at my order history, I will tell you I paid a lot more than $10 for them then and just added a package to my cart. ;)

If you want to try the KP mats, they are typically on sale during the Big Sale (look for it around Nov. 18th this year), either as just a sale item or as part of a special one-day promotion—KP runs several of these throughout the sale, like a $1 pattern sale one day, a BOGO day, etc.

Shelley

Lucindad

Carol Fessler

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 4:13 PM Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

Thanks, Shelley.  I just added a set to my order.  (I'm also getting the Selbu Mittens, and I ordered Traditional Danish Sweaters from KP.  I have always enjoyed traditional costume, so I think I'm going to love it.)

Shelley

Lucindad

Lucinda Shastid

Thanks, Carol.

Lucinda

On 10/4/2019 6:49 PM, Carol Fessler wrote:
I use gray workshop mats like these.  They’re cheap.  I think I got them at Home Depot year’s ago 

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 4:13 PM Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

Shelley

Lucindad

Joan Conca

I buy these mats from the store "Five Below" and they work great for me. 
Joan

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S10.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 10/4/19 9:01 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io
Subject: Re: [HanoverSpinKnit] Knit Picks Blocking Mats

Shelley

Lucindad