Topics

Faraway Farm Alpacas Fall Newsletter

judiknit <judiknit@...>

Begin forwarded message:

From: Faraway Farm Alpacas <ledabc@...>
Date: November 24, 2009 9:20:25 AM EST
Subject: Faraway Farm Alpacas Fall Newsletter

the meeting
Faraway Farm Newsletter

Autumn 2009

In This Issue
Farm News
Open Farm Days
Meet Our Crias
Pottery Sale
Join our list
Join Our Mailing List
Visit our Website
click here!
Shop online
online store
Farm News

Brio at EAE

We've had a busy autumn filled with birthing, breeding, shows and farm visitors. Our alpacas continually enchant all our visitors!

Alpaca shows are much less stressful than horse shows (you don't have to worry about galloping over jumps or falling off). Judges  assess correctness of conformation and they carefully examine  fleece on several locations around the body. Prize-winning fleece needs to be fine, uniform, dense and crimpy.

We've made some wonderful friends in the alpaca world and shows give us a great opportunity to see everyone and their alpacas. We took our two yearling boys, Diego and Don Brio (pictured above), to the Empire Alpaca Extravaganza in Syracuse, NY and the Vermont Alpaca Spectacular in Essex Junction, VT this fall. Both boys did quite well and we are pleased that our breeding program is off to a good start.

Our farm store has expanded to include more handmade items from Peru and Bolivia. We also feature one of a kind items made by knitter extraordinaire, Faith Perkins of Quarry Ridge Alpacas.

Meet our three fall crias below. We are thrilled that we had two more grays -- one silver  and one rose  -- and our first girl, a dark fawn beauty. These three are bundles of energy and they love to race around the pastures, leap in the air and neck wrestle with one another. We have two more crias due in spring 2010.
Visit us!
  Open Farm Days
Nov. 28 & 29 and Dec. 5 & 6

fall herd small

We invite you to visit us for our fall Open Farm Days on November 28 & 29 and December 5 & 6 from 10:00 to 4:00. You will be able to watch our new crias play, enjoy doing your holiday shopping in our farm store, and, of course, meet our friendly Icelandic horses. Cider and donuts, too!

Meet our new crias
Zingaro crop

Zingaro, born 9/10, is our friendliest cria ever. He enjoys greeting visitors and loves to have his chin scratched. His mother is our beautiful black, Aphrodite, and his father, Angel's Vivo, is a  silver gray herdsire who passed on his typey conformation and wonderful fleece.

Aladdin

Aladdin, born early in the morning on the day of our first hard frost, 10/12, is a very independent and energetic young man. Like his mother, Gypsy Rose, he has fabulous rose gray fleece. His father, Grey Skies, an incredibly handsome young herdsire, passed on his great conformation and prize-winning fleece.

3 2009 crias

Charisma, born 10/20, is the daughter of beautiful, multiple blue-ribbon winner Afternoon Delight. Charisma's father, Patagonia's El Chono, is an elite herdsire with an exceptional show record. Charisma is total feminity -- born with perfect "eye make-up,"  long eyelashes and a graceful body covered with lustrous dark fawn curls. Yes, she's gorgeous!

Pottery Sale

scarvesHandmade Pottery by Local Artist, Evelyn Jones
After visiting our alpacas, horses and farm store, please stop at our neighbor's pottery sale. Evelyn Jones has been making beautiful, functional stoneware for the past 30 years. Her annual sale takes place just 1/4 mile from Faraway Farm. Evelyn may be reached at (914) 962.4204.
We hope to see you during our Open Farm Days!
Enjoy the holidays!

             after the storm original

Leda Blumberg & Steve Cole       www.FarawayFarmAlpacas.com       914 962.2110

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to judiknit@... by ledabc@....
Faraway Farm Alpacas | 1315 Baptist Church Road | Yorktown Heights | NY | 10598

"Leda" <ledabc@...>

If anyone would like a copy of my newsletter with the photos included (lots of cute baby alpaca shots), let me know and I will email a copy to you.

Thank you, Judi, for posting my newsletter to the group.

Best Regards,
Leda

Faraway Farm Alpacas
Yorktown Hts., NY
www.FarawayFarmAlpacas.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: Faraway Farm Alpacas <ledabc@...>
Date: November 24, 2009 9:20:25 AM EST
To: judiknit@...

Faraway Farm Newsletter
Autumn 2009
In This Issue
Farm News
Open Farm Days
Meet Our Crias
Pottery Sale
Join our list

Visit our Website
click here!
Shop online
online store
Farm News

[...]

Forward email

This email was sent to judiknit@... by ledabc@...
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.
Email Marketing by