Subject: [HanoverSpinKnit] The Long-awaited, Somewhat Delayed Meeting-Time Poll #poll
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 06:07:58 -0800
From: Shelley Reid via Groups.Io <shelweb@...>
To: HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io

A new poll has been created:

Hi all--

We had a group discussion last year about meeting times. So here's a poll to get a better sense of what people are thinking.

Currently the group meets on both Saturdays and Sundays, always from 11:00 to 1:00. We are considering making changes to that format; options would be to adopt an earlier time (say, 10:00 to noon) or a later time (noon to 2:00), or to alternate times between Saturday and Sunday.

Please check all statements you agree with. For the sake of simplicity--there are already a lot of choices--I will leave open the possibility of "morning" to mean either 9–11, 9:30–11:30, and 10–12 and "afternoon" in the same way, if those options are strongly supported.

This poll is to better assess the priorities of the group members, and will serve as a foundation for discussion.

1. I prefer the current times: Sat/Sun both 11:00 to 1:00.
2. I prefer mornings for both meetings.
3. I prefer afternoons for both meetings.
4. I prefer a combination of Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons.
5. I prefer a combination of Sunday mornings and Saturday afternoons.
6. A switch to Saturday mornings would make me MORE likely to attend more often.
7. A switch to Sunday mornings would make me MORE likely to attend more often.
8. A switch to Saturday mornings would make me LESS likely to attend more often.
9. A switch to Sunday mornings would make me LESS likely to attend more often.
10. A switch to Saturday afternoons would make MORE likely to attend more often.
11. A switch to Sunday afternoons would make me me MORE likely to attend more often.
12. A switch to Saturday afternoons would make me LESS likely to attend more often.
13. A switch to Sunday afternoons would make me LESS likely to attend more often.
14. A change in schedule would not change my attendance habits.

Vote Now

Shelley Reid

Actually, not voting in the poll but weighing in with a separate email makes more work, b/c then everyone has to note the results in the poll and tally all of the separate emails to get a complete picture. Best if everyone votes in the poll… and saves email responses for additional comments only. In my opinion.

Shelley

On Feb 17, 2019, at 7:54 AM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

I haven't seen much response to this - I know several people said they'd prefer a different meeting time.

Well, there's only one way to get a discussion going.  You can answer the poll (the link is at the bottom), or you can reply to this message with your opinion/preference.  Oops -- that's two ways.  Oh, well.

Shelley, thanks again for doing this.

Lucinda

[...]

(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!