From: Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...>
To: HanoverSpinKnit <HanoverSpinKnit@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Jun 24, 2019 5:56 pm
Subject: [HanoverSpinKnit] OT: Politics *and* Ravelry!

Knitting Community Bans Millions of Users From Posting Support for Trump - Newsweek

Angela

Isn’t his son in law Jewish?

On Jun 24, 2019, at 5:56 PM, Lucinda Shastid <jzygala@...> wrote:

Knitting Community Bans Millions of Users From Posting Support for Trump - Newsweek

https://apple.news/AGyyBGf7bRl6sbjVF7q3xVA

Jane Daniels

The headline is deceptive. Ravelry is not banning millions, just ones who publically support white supremacy.

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 6:04 PM CoeDeborah via Groups.Io <CoeDeborah=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Have yet to read the article, but I must say this based on your message: Ravelry has about 8 million members. Millions are not being banned. Only thing banned is outright support for an administration that supports white supremacy. If a user refrains from exhibiting support for hate, she is not banned. In all, very few will be banned...certainly not millions or even thousands... I would be surprised if it rises to hundreds.

Knitting Community Bans Millions of Users From Posting Support for Trump - Newsweek

(h) 914-245-1250 (c) 914-471-5545 jdhikes@...

Life is better when you go outdoors!